Day 24 (D-37) Come Along and Ride This Train...more music

Day 24  Come Along and Ride This Train 
This is really a unique part of our trip to the American Southwest.  A train ride. 
🚂

Let's continue to make music a part of our traveling.  Johnny Cash, another famous American country music singer-songwriter and guitarist loved trains.
He's singing to us in this song:  Come Along and Ride This Train.  SO EASY to understand and a perfect song for us.




Johnny Cash "had a thing about trains", meaning he was fascinated by them and what they meant in America's history, and how they disappeared.  (He also sang The City of New Orleans, which describes a train ride from Chicago to New Orleans on the Illinois Central Railroad's City of New Orleans (the name of the train) in bittersweet (doux-amer)   and nostalgic terms.  In fact, if you go to my 2015 Louisiana blog and listen to it, you will recognize it...thanks to Joe Dassin! http://uiadinlouisiana.blogspot.com/2015/04/33-d-29-streetcars-paddle-boats-mark.html

You can also go to YouTube to listen to Johnny Cash sing 
"I've Got A Thing About Trains."

Enjoy.
My best,
Jane


Come Along and Ride This Train     

Come along and ride this train
Come along and ride this train
Cross the mountains, prairies, reservations, rivers, levees, plains
Come along and ride this train

I know a land where mountain streams are running free
I know a prairie where there's miles between each tree
I know where there's people you would like to get to know
Come along with me and go

Come along and ride this train
Come along and ride this train
Cross the mountains, prairies, reservations, rivers, levees, plains
Come along and ride this train

I heard a story that I'd like to share with you
I know where there’s a valley that I'd like to take you through
I will show you things that I am sure you'd like to see
Come along and go with me

Come along and ride this train
Come along and ride this train
Cross the mountains, prairies, reservations, rivers,
Levees, plains
Come along and ride this train

Come along and ride this train
Come along and ride this train
Cross the mountains, prairies, reservations, rivers, 
Levee, plains


Come along and ride this train

Comments

  1. Jane tu es formidable , ton blog est parfait car riche en infos mais pas trop , in peut donc le suivre au jour le jour sans problème .
    j'adore la voix de Johnny Cash
    Geneviève

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Geneviève. I am so pleased to know that you are following the blog and getting ready for the trip. I love Johnny Cash too. What a beautiful, deep voice and his songs often tell the story of America.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Day 3 (D-58) Buena Vista / St-Elmo

Returning to the blog

Day 61 (D-0) The day we leave!