Day 15 (D-46) From Santa Fe to Abiquiu (O'Keeffe's Home and Workshop)


Day 15 (D-46)  From Santa Fe to Abiquiu (O'Keeffe's Home and Workshop)
On this fifth day of our trip, we have a lot of miles to cover. We'll leave Santa Fe bright and early in the morning to go first to Abiquiu.  It's about an hour's drive.  You can look at the map here.



The Georgia O'Keeffe Home and Studio is a historic house museum in Abiquiu, New Mexico. It was from 1945 until 1984 the principal residence and studio of Georgia O'Keeffe (1887-1986). It is now owned and managed by the Georgia O'Keeffe Museum in Santa Fe.   It was designated a  National Historic Landmark in 1998, as one of the most important artistic sites in the southwestern United States.  In an interview she once said:

"I didn't want a Spanish house; I didn't want an Indian house, [or] a Mexican house; I wanted my house!"

My best,
Jane
PS.  If you've gone to all the links I've given you, you are an expert on Georgia O'Keeffe now!
____________________________
--bright and early = very early

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 3 (D-58) Buena Vista / St-Elmo

Returning to the blog

Day 61 (D-0) The day we leave!